UNIVERSAL STUDIOS Premium Package
The Ultimate J-1 Summer Work Travel Experience
Make your J-1 Summer Work and Travel program for 2023 the most adventurous yet. Work in the exciting and spectacular Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida where hundreds of thousands of visitors flock to each year.
Universal have a limited number of places available for Irish students and be sure that these places will be in high demand
At Universal Orlando Resort you can have fun, be yourself, and enjoy new experiences.
Every day is different and full of exciting surprises with opportunities to learn and grow.
Company Benefits: Free park admission, food & merchandise discounts, meal vouchers, and access to Team Member only events.
Program Package Fee €1299
Program fee includes:
- Universal Studios job placement
- Summer housing Facilities
- Health insurance covering your J-1 program and travel period
Additional Costs Third Party Costs:
- Embassy application fee $160
- SEVIS Fee $35
QUICK SERVICE ASSOCIATE (QSR)
The Quick Service Associate (QSR) position is responsible for several aspects within the various Food & Beverage venues located across our theme parks and CityWalk.
- Take and fill Food & Beverage orders
- Basic preparation and/or cooking of food for various Food & Beverage venues
- Provide friendly and courteous assistance to guests
- Clean tables floors in the dining areas. Empty garbage cans, stock condiment stands.
Team Members represent not only the Universal Brand, but also Starbucks! Team Members will delight, rejuvenate, and energize our guests with the art of creating and serving espresso and coffee drinks.
- Prepare all beverages to standard and hand out quality drinks every time.
- Maintain a clean work area
• Follow inventory stocking and recording guideline
- Follow cash handling and register procedures
- Follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing all
Work to ensure that everything is show-ready for guests and Team Members by stocking our outdoor food carts, checking in food product, and jumping in to assist your fellow Team Members as needed.
- Inform management of stock levels to ensure proper inventory and stock. Receive, verify, and count incoming shipment
- Stock the location(s), optimizing usage of stock rooms and keeping stockrooms clean and organized
- Process damaged product by removing from location(s)
- Partner with management to ensure optimum stock levels.
Your sponsor arrange housing is Extended Stay America-Universal Blvd
Each room will have furnishings as it is a hotel room. Each room will have 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. There are laundry facilities on-site. WIFI is included.
- The daily rate for a room with three people is $63+ 12.5% taxes= $70.88 per night. Each participant would pay $23.63 per day.
- The daily rate for a room with four people is $68+12.5% taxes= $76.50 per night. Each participant would pay $19.13 per day, and two people would need to share a bed.
Housing Location Info: The housing is approximately 3-miles away from the Universal Studio’s property – an approximately 35-minute bus ride. The closest grocery store is Publix which is 2 miles away. The participant will be using TD Bank which is 4.3 miles away. The nearest movie theatre is Regal Point Orlando Cinemas, and it is .7 miles away. The nearest shopping mall is The Pointe Orlando which is .6 miles away.
Transportation Info: The participant is responsible to make it in time for work. Public transportation is available via the Lynx bus line or I-Ride Trolley. The trip will take approximately 35-minutes to 1-hour in total. A thirty-day pass for Lynx is $50.00. A 14-day pass for I-Ride is $18.
While participant’s employment is a benefit of the J1 program, the purpose of the program is to experience American culture. Therefore, participant will be required to participate in cultural activities throughout their program. The sponsor will arrange events and encourages participants to live their program to the fullest.
This area is considered a major city and offers a lot of entertainment and cultural experiences. With the estimated 52 million tourists a year, Orlando and many other areas in the region have developed a lot to offer the less theme park minded (or theme park exhausted) traveler!