Through participating in this social project, you will make a difference to the local community by supporting local families and children, and providing them with better living conditions. You will work alongside a local coordinator who provides guidance and training alongside local families and other participants.
The project involves hard physical and manual labour, as you will be laying bricks, doing carpentry, painting, laying tiles, and landscaping/gardening. The other side of this project involves a more artistic and relaxed environment, where participants are in charge of renovating and creating drawings and painting in several kindergartens as well as primary schools around Lovina.
Aside from that, you will be expected to help paint the school buildings, make tables and chairs, construct and renovate the playground, make pathways, build toilets, repair the school wall, and help build new classrooms. Construction and renovation work is also available in more places when required in the local area such as renovating community centers or residents houses.
This activity is fun, and we support initiative and creativeness during the process. You may also be part of this meaningful community effort alongside other participants and building safe and sound spaces for everyone.
Besides that, you may also have the best time throughout your stay as you will engage in fun, relaxing and recreational activities held after a long day of your program alongside other participants.
Finally, you can not miss every single weekend experiencing nearby scenic views and historic places around Bali, especially its pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. Thus, we will make sure to assist you in organizing your weekend getaways and enjoy every bit of your time.
There is no +Learning add-on available for this program.
Aims & Objectives
Our objective is to make a difference in the local Lovina community by supporting local families and children by improving their living conditions.
To nurture your latent talent towards creative usage of local resources in providing a better landscape for the local community.
- Welcome, introduction to Indonesia, House rules, Code of Conduct and handling of documents
- Culture Lesson
- Project meeting and Preparation
Tuesday to Friday
Every morning after having breakfast, you will plan the project you will be engaged in, with the coordinator.
After the discussions, you will have lunch and then set out to the community location to do work related to construction and renovation.
You will be working at the location till the evening where you would get exposed to the locals in the area as well as other participants in the project.
***This schedule can be changed and/or amended depending on weather conditions, local conditions and unforeseen circumstances.***
This program starts every week.
This program starts every week.
Participant Criteria & Requirements
Minimum age: 18
Maximum age: –
Minimum English level: Basic
CRB required: On Signup
Passport copy required: No
Resume copy required: No
Required qualification: None
The following are further necessary in order for both the participants, local staff and everyones involved to have a meaningful, enjoyable and safe community program.
- Older participants or over 65 years are required to have a medical clearance as proof of their physical fitness as they may perform various activities.
- Participants below 18 years old need a signed parental consent as proof of involvement of their children for the program. If possible, accompaniment by an adult is highly advised.
- You don’t need special qualifications or even to have experience in Constructions but do consider this job requires physical strength and endurance in hot weather conditions .
- Excellent time management and self – organizing and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Recommended a COVID – 19 Vaccination, purchase travel insurance, medical and Covid – 19 insurance prior to your arrival.
- Have completed or recommended the following vaccines: Polio, Hepatitis A, Diphtheria/Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis.
- Cover up as much as possible in the spirit of the local culture to avoid embarrassment.
- Your clothes must not be too short, too tight, or too revealing. Kindly make sure your shoulders and legs are covered.
- It is completely fine to wear western clothes as long as they fit the local standards.
- Be thoughtful of the graphics, symbols or text printed on your clothing and avoid wearing clothing styles that might be inappropriate
Personal belongings such as:
- Comfortable working clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty and wet all day.
- Bring Personal toiletries such as basic soap, shampoo, toothpaste and towels.
- Bring also hat, sunglasses to protect from the heat of the sun particularly during the construction activities.
- Please also bring work gloves, sturdy shoes or boots as you may do some heavy construction tasks.
- Moreover, bring Medicines with you especially if you have to take specific medicines on a regular basis as well as other medicines for headaches and stomach aches.
- Refillable water bottles and hydration packs to stay hydrated throughout the day particularly during construction activities.
- Being cautious about changing weather conditions and packing protective items such as bug spray, sunscreen and a basic first aid kit is thoroughly advised.