Your sponsor for the J-1 Irish Work Travel program is Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh. J1 Ireland is their agent in Ireland. To complete your application, follow steps below.
Please read terms and conditions before continuing.
1. Book Program Place
Full program fee is €1399.
- Processing of your DS2019 form. This is the form required to book your US Embassy interview.
- Instructions on how to book Embassy interview.
- Sponsor interview and online orientation.
- Postage of DS2019 form to your address.
- Vetting of intern position and intern site visit if required.
- Sponsor administration support throughout you J-1 program.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND FEES
- Deposit €300 is payable now to book program place.
- Final payment of €1099 when your application is approved and your DS2019 is ready to be posted.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancel after €300 deposit is paid: forfeit €300 deposit.
- Cancel after full program fee is paid and DS-2019 has been issued and prior to visa issuance by Embassy: forfeit €500.
- If the Programme is cancelled or suspended by reason of Force Majeure, after the Final Payment has been received by J1 Ireland and prior to the Program commencement date, student can request a €899 refund of the program fee.
- €899 of program fee will be refunded in the case of visa denial by US Embassy. The DS-2019 form must be returned to receive a refund.
- Cancel after full program fee is paid and DS-2019 has been issued and visa issuance by Embassy: forfeit full program €1399.
3rd Party Fees not included in program fee: USA Embassy Fee ($160), SEVIS (€240)
You will receive order confirmation to your email address. You will be sent payment link for final payment when your DS 2019 form is ready to be issued.
Please note that in the current uncertain climate, the J-1 Irish Work Travel program remains subject to any governmental travel guidance or restrictions and the relevant governmental offices remaining open for the processing of applications and your application and payment of the non-refundable deposit is made in that context. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of the programme prior to making the payment of the non-refundable deposit and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
2. Sponsor Application Form
You will need the documents listed below ready to complete application form. Do not start the form without these. This must be completed within 2 weeks of paying booking deposit. If you have genuine reason for delaying completing application form and uploading required supporting documents, you must contact J-1 Ireland by email or phone. Otherwise, you will lose your program place.
- Signed & stamped proof of college form (Download link) or graduation cert or college proof of attendance letter. PDF format.
- Signed copy for rules and regulations form (Download link). PDF Format.
- CV or Resume. PDF format.
- BIOGRAPHICAL PAGE OF PASSPORT. SCANNED JPEG. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SMARTPHONE PHOTOS.
- PROOF OF FUNDS OF €1300 minimum, e.g. RECENT BANK STATEMENT. MUST SHOW APPLICANT’S NAME. PDF format.
- COPY OF PREVIOUS US VISAS IF APPLICABLE. PDF format.
- COPY OF IRISH VISA (THIRD PART NATIONALS) IF APPLICABLE. PDF format
Do not upload photos from your smartphone. If you wish to use iPhone or android phone you use Note Scan or Google Drive Scan respectively to scan documents.
3. Read Program Materials
When you have sourced a possible intern position the above questionnaire will have to be completed by your intern supervisor.