J-1 Intern Visa 2020
In order to complete online application form the following documents are required.
- The Rules & Regulations form (download) must be signed, initialed where appropriate and dated – PDF (1 document, multiple pages).
- Proof of College Attendance Form (download) – Stamped and signed PDF.
- Training and Internship Placement Plan or T/IPP or DS-7002: has to be created and signed by yourself, your Internship supervisor, and ourselves, in advance of visa paperwork being issued. To create a DS-7002 document we need you to complete the TIPP Preparation Questionnaire J1 Intern (download) document. This document provides biographical information about the Internship position and Internship Site. It also outlines the content of the Internship program and the different phases associated with it. (Format: Word). The Notes on Training Plan has information on how the TIPP form must be completed. Each point must be strictly adhered to.
- We also need a copy of Intern provider’s Workman’s Compensation Document (Format: pdf) and a company brochure, if they have one (Format: pdf).
- Resume/CV – PDF document.
- Have the details ready of references: the name, address, phone number and relationship of two responsible adults – one personal and one professional.
- Biographic page of passport which must be valid for the period of the visa (Format: JPEG – this is a photo file)
- Bank Statement showing you have minimum $1500 available to you (Format: PDF)
J1 Ireland’s Partner The Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh issues J-1 IWT paperwork in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Sciences, Counseling and Social Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
DS-2019 Issuance: Once we have approved your application, we will issue the DS-2019…this is the document you will take with you to the US Consulate/US Embassy in Northern Ireland or Dublin, etc. Once it is issued – you will be emailed with two sets of codes that can be then used to book your interview with the embassy/consulate. You don’t need to have the physical paperwork in hand to book the interview – but you must have it in hand to go to interview. So when booking you should schedule longer than one week. I’ll mail you the DS-2019 – it will take about a week to get there. If you want it by Fedex – we will pass this charge onto you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability of places and we will email you application link.