J-1 Intern Visa 2023
Now Open For Applications
J-1 Intern Visa 2023
Please note that in the current uncertain climate, the J-1 Irish Work Travel program remains subject to any governmental travel guidance or restrictions and the relevant governmental offices remaining open for the processing of applications and your application and payment of the non-refundable deposit is made in that context. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of the programme prior to making the payment of the non-refundable deposit and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Program Administration Fee €1399
Includes Administration costs, other social services as provided by case manager, and the cost of a site visit, if needed. Excludes SEVIS fee $220 and Embassy fee $160.
The J-1 Intern Visa 2019 program is open to students who are currently enrolled in and actively pursuing a degree from an accredited post-secondary institution or students that graduated no more than 12 months prior to intended arrival in the US
Students are eligible to enage in a paid internship, in their field of study, for one year. Students must have their internship pre-arranged in advance of visa issuance.
In order to complete online application form the following documents are required.
- The Rules & Regulations form (download) must be signed, initialled where appropriate and dated – PDF (1 document, multiple pages).
- Proof of College Attendance Form (download) stamped and signed or scan of graduation certificate
- Training and Internship Placement Plan or T/IPP or DS-7002: has to be created and signed by yourself, your Internship supervisor, and ourselves, in advance of visa paperwork being issued. To create a DS-7002 document we need you to complete the TIPP Preparation Questionnaire J1 Intern (download) document. This document provides biographical information about the Internship position and Internship Site. It also outlines the content of the Internship program and the different phases associated with it. (Format: Word). The Notes on Training Plan has information on how the TIPP form must be completed. Each point must be strictly adhered to.
- We also need a copy of Intern provider’s Workman’s Compensation Document (Format: pdf) and a company brochure, if they have one (Format: pdf).
- Resume/CV – PDF document.
- Have the details ready of references: the name, address, phone number and relationship of two responsible adults – one personal and one professional.
- Biographic page of passport which must be valid for the period of the visa (Format: JPEG – this is a photo file)
- Bank Statement showing you have minimum $1500 available to you (Format: PDF)
J1 Ireland’s Partner The Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh issues J-1 IWT paperwork in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Sciences, Counseling and Social Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupation
DS-2019 Issuance: Once we have approved your application, we will issue the DS-2019…this is the document you will take with you to the US Consulate/US Embassy in Northern Ireland or Dublin, etc. Once it is issued – you will be emailed with two sets of codes that can be then used to book your interview with the embassy/consulate. You don’t need to have the physical paperwork in hand to book the interview – but you must have it in hand to go to interview. So when booking you should schedule longer than one week. I’ll mail you the DS-2019 – it will take about a week to get there. If you want it by Fedex – we will pass this charge onto you.