J-1 Intern Visa 2021
Please note that in the current uncertain climate, the J-1 Irish Work Travel program remains subject to any governmental travel guidance or restrictions and the relevant governmental offices remaining open for the processing of applications and your application and payment of the non-refundable deposit is made in that context. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of the programme prior to making the payment of the non-refundable deposit and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
In order to complete online application form the following documents are required.
- The Rules & Regulations form (download) must be signed, initialed where appropriate and dated – PDF (1 document, multiple pages).
- Proof of College Attendance Form (download) stamped and signed or scan of graduation certificate
- Training and Internship Placement Plan or T/IPP or DS-7002: has to be created and signed by yourself, your Internship supervisor, and ourselves, in advance of visa paperwork being issued. To create a DS-7002 document we need you to complete the TIPP Preparation Questionnaire J1 Intern (download) document. This document provides biographical information about the Internship position and Internship Site. It also outlines the content of the Internship program and the different phases associated with it. (Format: Word). The Notes on Training Plan has information on how the TIPP form must be completed. Each point must be strictly adhered to.
- We also need a copy of Intern provider’s Workman’s Compensation Document (Format: pdf) and a company brochure, if they have one (Format: pdf).
- Resume/CV – PDF document.
- Have the details ready of references: the name, address, phone number and relationship of two responsible adults – one personal and one professional.
- Biographic page of passport which must be valid for the period of the visa (Format: JPEG – this is a photo file)
- Bank Statement showing you have minimum $1500 available to you (Format: PDF)
J1 Ireland’s Partner The Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh issues J-1 IWT paperwork in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Sciences, Counseling and Social Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations