J-1 Intern Visa 2018
In order to complete online application form (link at bottom of page), please have documents listed below ready for upload to complete form:
- The Rules & Regulations form (download) must be signed, initialed where appropriate and dated – PDF (1 document, multiple pages).
- Proof of College Attendance Form (download) – Stamped and signed PDF.
- Training and Internship Placement Plan or T/IPP or DS-7002: has to be created and signed by yourself, your Internship supervisor, and ourselves, in advance of visa paperwork being issued. To create a DS-7002 document we need you to complete the TIPP Preparation Questionnaire J1 Intern (download) document. This document provides biographical information about the Internship position and Internship Site. It also outlines the content of the Internship program and the different phases associated with it. (Format: Word). The Notes on Training Plan has information on how the TIPP form must be completed. Each point must be strictly adhered to.
- We also need a copy of Intern provider’s Workman’s Compensation Document (Format: pdf) and a company brochure, if they have one (Format: pdf).
- Resume/CV – PDF document.
- Have the details ready of references: the name, address, phone number and relationship of two responsible adults – one personal and one professional.
- Biographic page of passport which must be valid for the period of the visa (Format: JPEG – this is a photo file)
- Bank Statement showing you have minimum $1500 available to you (Format: PDF)
J1 Ireland’s Partner The Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh issues J-1 IWT paperwork in the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Education, Social Sciences, Library Sciences, Counseling and Social Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
DS-2019 Issuance: Once we have approved your application, we will issue the DS-2019…this is the document you will take with you to the US Consulate/US Embassy in Northern Ireland or Dublin, etc. Once it is issued – you will be emailed with two sets of codes that can be then used to book your interview with the embassy/consulate. You don’t need to have the physical paperwork in hand to book the interview – but you must have it in hand to go to interview. So when booking you should schedule longer than one week. I’ll mail you the DS-2019 – it will take about a week to get there. If you want it by Fedex – we will pass this charge onto you.
Payment: Payment is expected upon issuance of DS-2019. We will send you full info on how to do this once we issue paperwork. This payment will include the sum of $180 (Sevis fee) payable to the US State Department.
Booking the Embassy/Consulate Interview:. In order to get your interview – you must review steps on the US Embassy/Consulate’s webpage a link for which we will forward to you at the relevant time. You must complete a Form I-160 before your visa interview. It is within this process that you will pay the $161 to the Consulate
Once you’ve had your interview – the embassy/consulate will hold onto your passport for 48-72 hours, then alert you as to how to collect. After you have successfully received your passport, you will purchase your flight and health insurance.
Health Insurance Prior to arrival you must show us evidence that you have health insurance to cover you for the entire length of your stay – minimum requirements are outlined in the Information Pack document (attached). Do not buy this until you have your passport back successfully from the embassy/consulate! (Format: PDF)
Flight information (Format: Email): Should be fwded once booked. ONLY BOOK IT AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR PASSPORT BACK SUCCESSFULLY (email will be fine).
Once you arrive at your in the US, you must contact our office within 1 BUSINESS DAY to check-in, and you will also fwd to us:
- copy of the 1st page of your DS-2019 (pdf)
- visa sticker page of your passport (pdf)
- page with immigration arrival stamp (pdf)
- We will also need to know your address and cell phone details
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for application link.