[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k12aayh8′ admin_preview_bg=”]
J-1 Camp Counselor Terms & Conditions
The program is conducted by J1 Ireland in partnership with our U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs designated visa sponsor partner.
Participants will also be required to agree our partner sponsor’s terms and conditions. You will see this agreement when your application account is created with our partner sponsor.
- Once your are accepted for participation on the program by J1 Ireland and our US partner sponsor you will receive assistance in securing your summer camp job offer.
- You will also receive application assistance, visa paperwork to book your embassy appointment (once you receive and accept job offer), and program supervision during the summer.
- The sponsor will be responsible for ensuring you receive accommodation and payment by your camp host employer.
- Please note that J1 Ireland and the US sponsor will not be your employer if you receive camp placement. Your camp host will be your employer
- You are not guaranteed receiving job offer. Job offer depends your experience and skills and how good a match your are for potential camp host employers. If you do not receive any job offers you will get full refund.
- To apply the you will be required to pay a deposit of €100 at time of booking.
- Once accepted to the program by J1 Ireland and the US sponsor a second payment is to be paid within 30 days.
- Failure to make second payment may result in cancellation from the program.
J1 Ireland Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancel any time before placement – €150 cancellation Fee
- After Confirmed Placement – Forfeit full fee of €299.
- Medical/Family Emergency Cancellation after placement – €150 cancellation fee
- Visa Denial – €100 cancellation fee.
- Applicant not offered place on the program or does not receive job offer – full refund.
Your U.S. sponsor will organize and purchase insurance for the duration of your program work dates in the United States plus one day prior to arrival. For any time in the US prior to starting job or your 30 day ‘grace period’ after finishing work at camp, you can purchase supplemental insurance from the US sponsor. This coverage may not cover any pre-existing medical conditions.
A medical check by a licensed doctor will be required to complete your application. The cost of this medical examination is the responsibility of the participant.