J-1 Camp Counselor Program
Enjoy the outdoors, meet new people, teach activities you love to do, and learn all about a new culture? Working at a camp in America might be the most fun and exciting summer job you’ll ever have!
As a counselor, you will have a variety of responsibilities. You’ll be assigned a group of campers that you’ll share a cabin with. You may also be assigned to teach an activity such as swimming, art, tennis, water-skiing and other sports and skills.
Program Fee €299
€299 program fee includes camp placement, free housing and meals, accident and sickness insurance for the entire duration of the program & Sevis fee. You book your own flights. Deposit is €100. Second payment of €199 is due 30 days after payment of deposit.
These are additional fees you will encounter that are not charged by J1 Ireland or our partner sponsor, but are required to participate in the program.
- Visa Application Fee ($160USD)
- Medical Check
How Camp Placement Works
After you pay deposit an account will be created for you on our US J-1 designated sponsor’s online system where you will complete an application and upload any required documents. Camps will be able to view your application and can contact you to organize an interview. A camp will offer you a job if they believe you are a good match for them.
Once you accept the job the sponsor will process your visa paperwork for your US Embassy interview
What You Get
- Comprehensive online pre-departure orientation
- Job placement at a U.S Summer Camp
- Earn a stipend: Age 18 – 20 – $1,600; Age 21 and over -$1,750
- Step by step assistance throughout the Visa process
- Accident and sickness insurance
- 30 day grace period to travel after camp
- 24-hour program support throughout the summer
Stipends are all based on a nine-week (63-day) schedule. If your placement lasts longer, you’ll be paid an additional $30 for each additional day you work. The camp will also provide you with free housing and meals.
All Camp Participants must be
- Between the ages of 18 and 28
- Either a student, teacher, youth worker, or capable of leading a specialized skill at camp
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Comfortable working with children
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancel any time before placement – €150 Cancellation Fee
- After Confirmed Placement – Forfeit full fee of €299.
- Medical/Family Emergency Cancellation after placement – €150 Cancellation fee
- Visa Denial – €100 Cancellation fee